A Little History of our Club:
North Tipperary Wheelers origins started as Drombane CC in the early 1970’s. It gradually became Nenagh orientated and was renamed the North Tipperary Wheelers to incorporate the surrounding areas. It fizzled out in the early 1980’s but with some effort from a few determined souls it was resurrected in 1987 and is going strong since… Some 30 years in 2017 and over 100 members on the books! Club members take part in many aspects of the sport: road cycling, complete sportives, club training spins, club competitions, open races and mountain biking. We try to cater for everyone at all levels. We always have room for another friendly face though so please do come along to one of our cycles if you would like to see what it’s all about, you’ll be very welcome…
We have regular club spins every week. More details on the training spins page.
We get up to lots during the year in all aspects of cycling:
Become a member of our Club:
Club membership is FREE to new members for the first year and is open to anyone interested in cycling from the age of 16 upwards(under 16’s are most welcome while accompanied by a cycling parent). There is a fee for Cycling Ireland Membership which must be taken when joining the club.
- You need to go to the Cycling Ireland website.
- If you are a new member click on “Join” – This will open another page where you click on “Sign Up” and then follow the instructions to enter your details and select North Tipperary Wheelers as your club.
- If you are renewing your membership then login to the Cycling Ireland website and follow the instructions to renew.
- If you are already a member of another club and Cycling Ireland and wish to move to us then login and navigate to the “transfer request section” and select North Tipperary Wheelers as your club.
The different categories of Cycling Ireland Licenses and relevant fees for 2017 are below:
• Cycling Supporter Membership – aimed at long standing members, who may no longer be active cyclists – €20 per annum.
• Leisure Cycling Membership – suitable for those who wish to cycle for leisure purposes and take part in sportives – €40 per annum.
• Club Competition – North Tipperary Wheelers run a series of Club Races throughout the season and if you wish to take part in these, this is the license for you. €70 per annum.
• Full competition – suitable for those looking to take part in open racing. €125 per annum.
Should you have any queries in relation to joining the North Tipperary Wheelers, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Gerry on 067 32762(Home) / 067 44530 (Work). Further contact info on the contact page.
Look forward to seeing you on the roads of North Tipperary(or further afield 🙂 ) soon!