This weekend is all about our Club Tour of Lough Derg!
We ask all our club members to try and get out and support this always great event.
A few points:
- Sign on is from 8.30am at the Lakeside Hotel where there will be tea/coffee served before the off.
- Group 1(22kph) will leave at 9.30am and Group 2(29kph) will leave at 10.15am.
- Bikes and bags are left at owners risk and are not the responsibility of the club or the hotel so please make sure not to leave anything lying around unsecured!
- The pace will be controlled by club members so please be nice out there and abide by any instructions given by our members who are trying to keep everyone safe!
- The route is clockwise around the lake and is available on Strava by clicking here. You can print a Cue sheet or export the route to a GPS device if you wish.
- There will be backup vehicles but you must stick to the route! If you decide to alter from the designated route there will be no backup assistance.
- There will be a food stop in Portumna Forest park at roughly the midway point of the cycle. There are toilet facilities available at the stop.
- There are shower facilities available in the Hotel Leisure centre after the cycle and some refreshments will be provided in the hotel starting from 3.30pm.
Above all we will endeavour to ensure everyone enjoys the day so we hope to see you all out Sunday morning!
Here’s directions to the Lakeside Hotel from Exit 27 (Birdhill) on the M7 for people travelling from afar:
Have a great weekend everyone!! 🙂